| Cygnor Cymuned
Llanbadoc Community Council
Applications are invited for the post of
Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
The position is part time (approx. 40 hours per month inc. holidays), predominantly working from home. The Community Council meets once a month for 11 months each year (no meetings are held in August). The successful candidate will be expected to attend these and other meetings on behalf of the Community Council as required.
Candidates should have administrative experience, be computer literate and have the ability to keep robust accounting records. Previous Local Government experience and an interest in Community development is desirable but not essential.
Training and support will be provided as necessary, and the successful applicant will be encouraged to gain the “CiLCA” qualification
Key responsibilities include:
- To advise on and ensure that the legal and statutory provisions governing the Council are observed.
- To prepare agendas, attend meetings and publish and distribute the minutes, and to implement and monitor the agreed policies of the Council.
- To receive and issue correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council at their home address, in order to be the official address for the Council.
- To undertake all necessary activities in connection with the management of the salaries, conditions of employment and work of Council staff. At present the Clerk is the only member of staff.
- To maintain the web site of the Council, ensuring that it is informative to the public and contains all necessary statutory information within required timescales.
- To keep accurate records of the financial accounts, ensuring that bank reconciliations and all transactions are accurately recorded using a system which eliminates fraud.
- To maintain detailed Receipt and Payment Accounts in accordance with statutory and audit requirements. Prepare accounts and records for audit and VAT purposes.
- To prepare a budget in consultation for submission to the Council and to submit the precept agreed by the Council to the County Council and liaise with the relevant officer.
The position pays a salary within LC1 Scale point 13-17 £23,023 - £ 24,920 per annum, paid hourly pro rata depending on experience and qualifications.
For further information please contact the Chair Colin Deakins 07738 716297 or email Clerk@llanbadoc.org