Llanbadoc Community Council are looking to co-opt a Councillor to fill a vacancy that has arisen. We would like to invite anyone interested in becoming a Councillor to come and observe the next Council meeting on 1st September 2021 at 6.30pm to get a feel for what is involved.
No qualifications are required to become a Councillor other than having a keen interest for our community and local area and being available for Council meetings which take place on the first Wednesday evening of each month.
What makes a good Councillor?
• Sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs and the community
• Solid interest in local matters
• Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff
• Ability and willingness to work with the Council's partners e.g. voluntary groups, Monmouthshire County Council
• Ability and willingness to undertake relevant training
• Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the Council and Committees in the evenings
• Ability and willingness to attend Council events at times
If you would like to observe the September meeting or for further details about what it means to be a Councillor, please contact the Clerk – Beverley Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01291 430818.